Considering it was the height of the holiday season, what a wonderful turnout of members today, 21 in all, unprecedented for the time of year we think!
Reports of the many events where WWB had been represented came thick and fast from a busy summer so far. As is the way with this group, these were diverse and now almost international; if you count Scotland. Follow the links below:
- The Solas Festival – Perth, Scotland where two members represented Writers Without Borders under the UNESCO umbrella.
- WWB Summer Outing – Moseley Bog and Sarehole Mill where many members gathered for relaxing conversation, picnic lunch and a leisurely walk in the summer sun.
- Celebrating Sanctuary – performances in the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
- KHARnival – Highbury Park, eight members shared their writing in support of the Kings Heath Action for Refugee organisation.
- Reggae Women – Midland Arts Centre, several members joined with other prestigious performers to close the ‘Beyond Windrush’ festival.
Sharing of work
A good number of the group shared their writing in splendid manner, with the usual wide range of topics and deliveries; Slave ancestors, swimming with sharks, woodland creatures Tolkien style, complex personalities, observations on life and the struggles of hidden violence and rebirth all absorbed and delighted listeners.
WWB Birthday Party – members are reminded to book their place for themselves and guest by replying to Vivian’s email before the 01 September please!
See you all on Saturday 01 September for the next exciting meeting!