Fionna Smyth is coming to Amnesty Bournville to share plans about Amnesty International’s new priority global campaigns.
Two new global campaigns start soon:
- People on the move (launch date September 2016)
- Campaign for Refugees and migrants whose lives are at risk in transit
- Campaign to overcome barriers to access to support for current and new refugees and asylum seekers
- Supporting Human Rights Defenders (launch date January 2017)
- Against the oppression of people around the world who campaign for human rights
Amnesty Bournville welcome friends to come and meet Fionna so that Amnesty members and our partners can prepare for these UK and international campaigns
Thursday 17th March 2016 at 7.30pm
Quaker Friends Meeting House, 65 Linden Road, B30 1JT
Free admission. Refreshments.
Small car park and lots of on-road car parking.
Buses 11, 35, 85, and 27; Trains (Cross City Line) to Bournville Station, half a mile from the Meeting House
Click here to find the Friends Meeting House
For any queries please contact John Dolan email@example.com
For Amnesty Bournville this will be the springboard for our own forward planning.
In addition we intend to continue to campaign for the torture victims
we “adopted” during the Stop Torture campaign.